Prospective Students

Prospective Students

Information on admissions, academic, and personal transition

Guides for New John Jay Veteran Students
  • Living in NYC on a Post 9/11 GI Bill Budget (pdf)
  • Navigating NYC Housing (pdf)
  • Planning for Academic Success (pdf)

John Jay College of Criminal Justice actively guides and assists veteran, military member (active, reserve, and National Guard) and military family member applicants in their admission. For questions and additional support regarding admissions, contact the Admissions Office at or the Military and Veteran Service Manager at

Undergraduate Admissions

Full information on undergraduate admission click hereVeterans seeking undergraduate admission apply to John Jay using the standard City University of New York (CUNY) online application click here. To be waived from the undergraduate application fee, military veterans and current military members (active, reserve and National Guard) should follow the instructions click here

Graduate Admissions

Veterans seeking graduate admission apply directly to John Jay College by clicking here. To be waived from the graduate application fee, veteran, and military members must submit copies of their DD-214 or military identification card with their application materials. 

Information on Military Benefits and Financial Aid for John Jay students. 

Ms. LaTanya Everett, Veteran Certifying Official and Military Point of Contact, offers guidance and support for veteran and military students on applying and using VA, military, and state benefits to fund their John Jay College education.  Contact Ms. Everett at email:; or phone: (646) 557-4898. 

Department of Veteran Affairs Benefits  

Information on the veteran educational benefit programs administered by the Department of Veterans Affairs is found at:  Programs often used by John Jay veterans to finance their studies include: Post-9/11 GI BillVocational Rehabilitation & EmploymentMontgomery GI Bill, and Survivors and Dependent Assistance.

New York State Veteran Educational Benefits
Information on New York State Veterans Tuition Awards and other benefit programs for military and certain family member students. Website.
Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
All John Jay veteran students are strongly encouraged to file the FAFSA at to determine their eligibility for financial aid beyond military benefits. Website