The SEEK Transfer Program provides participants with academic and counseling assistance that facilitate the process of transfer students' transition into John Jay College. During Transfer Orientation, transfer students have the opportunity to familiarize themselves with the campus and the different kinds of opportunities that are available to them as a new student transitioning into John Jay College. The college’s academic policies and graduation requirements are reviewed to build the connections around academic advisement, selection of a major and registering for courses.
- to integrate participants into John Jay College
- to ensure that transfer students understand the College's policies and SEEK Program policies;
- to review the college’s graduation, and requirements for the continued receipt of Financial Aid, as it pertains to the transfer student population;
- to provide participants with Counseling, Academic Support services, Financial Aid and Career Support services.
Please Note: Students who are transferring from a Special Opportunity Programs (i.e. SEEK, HEOP, EOP, CD), must submit a Special programs Transfer Request form and it must be completed prior to the beginning of the intended transfer semester, in order to officially transfer your Special Opportunity Programs status to the John Jay SEEK Department.
The SEEK Department provides additional orientation support, financial aid, personal and academic counseling, academic support for all levels, peer mentor support, and referral services to the broader college community. To contact a member of the SEEK department, please contact the SEEK department at 212.237.8169 or email Fay Williams at firstname.lastname@example.org.
For inquiries about general admissions and Transfer Credit Evaluation Workshops, by invitation for new transfer students, students must contact the Office of Admissions at 212.237.8873. Prior to registering, students must receive a preliminary evaluation of academic work completed at previous colleges.
- Please refer to the following link: http://johnjay.jjay.cuny.edu/files/How_To_Apply_To_John_Jay_College.pdf
- Make sure to submit the Counselor Recommendation form to the John Jay College SEEK Program and UAPC by the CUNY-Wide priority deadline (September 15th for the Spring and February 1st for the Fall);
- Complete the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (www.fafsa.ed.gov and select 2016-2017 FAFSAthe Tuition Assistance Program https://www.tap.hesc.ny.gov/totw/ Apply through the FAFSA. The easiest way to apply for TAP is through the FAFSA. Make sure you have completed your FAFSA! New York State (NYS) residents attending NYS schools can link directly to the TAP application from the FAFSA submission confirmation page.
- For Newly Accepted Transfer students, please .
John Jay College Financial Aid Codes: FASFA - 002693; TAP - 1414;
For inquires about the SEEK Program call (212) 237-8169