Our Students & Key Demographics
Key Facts & Demographics
- Our College is named after John Jay, the first Chief of Justice of the Supreme Court and Governor of New York.
- About half of the students attending John Jay speak a language other than English at home.
- Our mascot is a Bloodhound.
- About 97% of students enrolled in classes at John Jay College are residents of New York State.
- John Jay College of Criminal Justice was originally known as the College of Police Science (COPS).
- A memorial, which is a large steel fragment from the World Trade Center ruins, is placed in the College to honor the memories of the victims, as well as the lives of 60 John Jay alumni/ students (majority firefighters).
- John Jay’s SEEK program was developed during the early 1970’s to support students from underprivileged backgrounds.
For more information, contact firstname.lastname@example.org