Hiring and Rehiring Staff on RF Projects
Steps to Onboarding Employees on RF CUNY Payroll
The e-onboarding system is designed to make all hire paperwork electronic for submission for New Hires and Rehires with a break in service of 120 days or more. Please contact OSP to see whether or not you need to Onboard your employee through the e-onboarding system.
- PI/Preparer contacts OSP at least 2 weeks prior to the employee's start date with employee's name, date of birth, email address, account number and expected start date.
- OSP will send an email to PI/Preparer and employee with steps on completing hire process and link to the onboarding system (RF user ID & Password will be required for PI).
- OSP will send I9 invitation to employee (if a NEW I9 is required) to complete BEFORE or BY their start date. OSP will have 3 days after the indicated start date to I-9/E-verify the employee. OSP will need to see the employee in person with their original, unexpired documents if a NEW I9 or REVERIFICATION I9 is required! If the employee is an out of state employee or fully remote, please let us know.
- PI/Preparer initiates onboarding via RF website.
- PI/Preparer submits hire packet. OSP Reviews and sends to the employee for their portion to be completed.
- Employee receives an email with credential log in information to access the system and complete their portion of the paperwork.
- Employee completes section 1 of the Electronic Form I9 by the hire date indicated on the hire packet.
- Employee submits Hire packet to RF HR for processing.
- PI ensures that employee contacts OSP to be I-9'd & E-verified if they have not done so already for an appointment to complete section 2 of the electronic Form I9 within the 3 day Federal requirement.
- RF HR reviews the hire packet and approves.
- The e-PAF is automatically created and submitted to the RF Project Administrator for approval.
- Once the e-PAF has been approved, timesheets will be available in the Time and Leave System for submission and approval according to the RF Payroll Calendar.
If you have any questions, please contact Cherryanne Ward at 212-621-3718 or firstname.lastname@example.org .
- Full Time CUNY Faculty and Staff, cannot be placed on Research Foundation Payroll.
- Adjuncts and Part Time CUNY Staff can be placed on Research Foundation Payroll, but a Dual Employment Letter will be required. The CUNY and RF funding cannot be used to support the same position.
- The College is now mandating that all PIs/ Timekeepers, and Authorized Signatories with access to the Research Foundation e-PAF and e-Timesheet Systems complete a Mandatory e-PAF and e-Timesheet training before completing any e-PAFs or approving any e-Timesheets for their employees. Please visit the RF Training Resources page to do so: https://www.rfcuny.org/rfwebsite/training/training-resources/