- (2021) Harvard University -Division of Continuing Education - Certificate in International Relations
- (2020) Johns Hopkins University - M.A. Global Security Studies and Intelligence
- (2016) John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY) - M.A. International Crime and Justice and Advance Studies in Terrorism
- (2015) John Jay College of Criminal Justice (CUNY) - M.A. Forensic Psychology with a focus in Empirical Profiling
- (2010) Columbia University in the City of New York - B.A. Psychology
Itena Dhrami is an Adjunct Lecturer at John Jay College of Criminal Justice, City University of New York. She is also an Intelligence Analyst, working for the Intelligence Community (IC). Previous work experiences include Intelligence Analyst with Waterfront Commission of New York Harbor (WCNYH) and Business Integrity Commission (BIC); Research Analyst with the Research Foundation of the City of New York; and Research Assistant with John Jay College of Criminal Justice Investigative Psychology Research Unit, a two-year collaboration with the Department of Justice, Federal Bureau of Investigations (FBI) Behavioral Science Unit (BSU). Prior to joining John Jay College of Criminal Justice, she worked as a Research Assistant at Columbia University in the City of New York where she also completed her undergraduate education, and for four years was a member of the Editorial Review Board of Columbia University Undergraduate Science Journal.
Adjunct Lecturer Dhrami was a Humanitarian Aid Worker with the United Nations High Commissioner of Refugees (UNHCR); the United Nations Children’s Fund (UNICEF); and CARE International, during the Serbia- Kosovo conflict.
Subject Matter Expertise (SME):
- Counterterrorism (CT)
- Transnational Organized Crime-East (TOC-E)
- Global Security and Intelligence
- International Relations
Current Research Interest:
- Transnational Organized Crime - East
- Korean Penninsula
- Mainland China
- ICJ101 - International Crime and Justice
- SOC351 - Crime and Delinquency in Asia
- SOC341 - International Criminology
- SOC327 - Advanced Sociological Methodology
- SOC301 - Penology
- SOC203 - Criminology
Itena Dhrami is a network expert at Global Initiative Against Transnational Organized Crime.