Graduate Visiting Students

John Jay College of Criminal Justice welcomes students from other campuses within the CUNY system, as well as students who are interested in taking classes without pursuing a degree.

The possibilities are:

The E-Permit: Designed for current CUNY graduate students, the E-permit enables you to study on a CUNY campus other than your home campus. Please go to your CUNYFirst to apply for the E-permit (certain classes may be excluded, such as internship options). CUNYFirst Link.

Non-degree, credit bearing courses: At the graduate level,  certain programs accepts non-degree students when space permits. If admission is granted, the student will be informed of what course(s) they are permitted to take. Course permission is granted on a case-by-case basis. For specific information on which programs accept non-degree students, please contact the Office of Admissions at 212.237.8863 or

Graduate Admissions


Student with notepad in the Atrium
Request Information

Sign up to receive information about John Jay College, graduate admissions, degree programs, events, news, and more!